Skilled Nursing Services (Swing Bed) – Extra Time to Heal
Recovering from a Medical or Surgical Event
A “swing bed” is a program that allows a patient to remain in a hospital setting for specialized care during their recovery process.
This program assures that your care is complete and close to home.
Skilled nursing services may include, but are not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Services (may include physical, occupational and speech therapies)
- IV medications/infusions
- Wound management/sterile dressing changes
- Respiratory therapy
Medicare’s qualifications for admission to skilled nursing include:
- Three-day (consecutive) acute level of care stay within the past 30 days
- Physician referral for necessary daily skilled service related to hospitalization
- Medicare Part A (Hospital) Benefit or available days remaining in current benefit period or if approved by Insurance Carrier